Training in NS2
Installation & Debug
- Install ns-2.27 in Red Hat Linux
- Install ns 2.28 in Debian with gcc 4.0 or above
- Debug ns-2 with gdb
- Basic simulation scripts of wireless scenarios.
- Traffic, Topology and Mobility generation in ns-2
- Analyze CMU traces (for wireless simulation) and awk code.
- Header and Address Handling in ns-2
- Understanding OTcl syntax in ns-2
- Demystify TwoRayGround Propagation Model
- Introduce Ricean Fading to produce probabilistic Link Error
- Why list-based improvements in channel.cc of ns-2.27 cause problems?
- Interfacing MAC
- Understand IEEE 802.11 MAC Standard
- Analysis of the 802.11 MAC code
- Simulation example: Measuring the effects of RTS/CTS on 802.11 link
- Practice: Implement Multi-Rate MAC
- Discussion of bugs and issues of IEEE802.11 MAC implementation
- Analysis of the DSR sourcecode in ns-2.
- Analysis of the DSDV in network simulator-2.
- How to produce a new Routing Agent with Fixed Routing Table.
- Calculate Routing Performance Metric from trace file